I don’t often piggyback subjects here on my blog about random musings, but look what I came home to today? Coco is a trash raider, a moldy bread eater, and a subsequent dog farter. I know that it pales in comparison to yesterday’s opossum drama, but it did get me thinking about man’s best friend.
Check out some of these tidbits:
Let me highlight just a few including reactions:
• Ancient Egyptians revered their dogs. When a pet dog would die, the owners shaved off their eyebrows, smeared mud in their hair, and mourned aloud for days.
My thought- This is love.
• Scholars have argued over the metaphysical interpretation of Dorothy’s pooch, Toto, in the Wizard of Oz. One theory postulates that Toto represents Anubis, the dog-headed Egyptian god of death, because Toto consistently keeps Dorothy from safely returning home.
My thought- Duh, who didn’t know this? Check out my post on L. Frank Baum.
• Dachshunds were bred to fight badgers in their dens.
My thought- Lulu was bred to fight the opossum from hell.
• President Franklin Roosevelt created a minor international incident when he claimed he sent a destroyer to the Aleutian Islands just to pick up his Scottish Terrier, Fala, who had been left behind.
My thought- I’m sure Air Force One has picked up a dog or two.
• Rock star Ozzy Osborne saved his wife Sharon’s Pomeranian from a coyote by tackling and wresting the coyote until it released the dog
My thought- (Please Click!) Why wouldn’t Ozzy win that fight?
Happy dog day!