Helping Hands

Ever had one of those days? You know what I mean.  Your plan was to get a hot stone massage at Nine Stones, but you cancel because you’ve got a sick kid.  You yank sick kid to doctors, get prescription, go to the pharmacy, come home….

AND BREAK YOUR FINGER!

That’s right, I’m stuck flipping the bird for the next six weeks.  So wrong. What happened? My chocolate lab went one way, I went the other, and my finger was caught in the middle.

My finger snapped in two like a Thanksgiving wishbone on Christmas Eve.  Two spots…

Maybe I’ll become an expert on shadow puppetry.

Luckily, I have lots of helping hands.

About these ads

About julietruekingsley

Crazed writer living on the coast of Maine! Attempting to blog daily in fifteen minutes or less.
This entry was posted in Friends and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Helping Hands

1. Maine Mom says:

Bummer to hear about that. In recognition of the trauma you suffered, I will refrain from a haiku today.

However, I must question this one – who waits a month to break a wishbone?

“…like a Thanksgiving wishbone on Christmas Eve”

2. Christine Chasse says:

Julie – so sorry to hear about your finger, but great way to take a bad situation and make a funny post to entertain us! You are a great writer!

-C

3. Dena says:

You could be a reality show!

I wonder what Jack’s blog entry would be for today… “Trying to get healthy again. Mom takes me to dr.’s and I finally get some meds, looking forward to getting some chill time and TLC on the couch. And my mother upstages me by breaking a bone. And now I’m cooking her a gourmet lunch. How did this happen?”

Hope you’re not in much pain and that Jack is better!

4. Mary Jane Rowan says:

As Gilda Radner quoted from old Jewish folktale, “It could always be worse.” Cold comfort? Not meant to be. I am sorry, Julie, and hope you are not in pain.

5. Dianne says:

Ouch!! I was going to offer some French Onion Soup, but it looks like your little chef is cooking up something good!! I hope your ok! I think lots of wine and/or beer tonight with dinner. Or, something stronger!! Be well!

6. Joye says:

What are the chances of that happening??? Coco fire fire must have been overly excited for her walk. Sooo sorry! Hang in there. I’m routing for a speedy recovery.